Agency partner and COO Greg Livingston presented a case study on Curiosity client Dean Foods’ innovative marketing strategy at the 8th Annual NLS Food Marketing Summit, a conference which brings together top marketing executives from some of the world’s leading food manufacturers. In his session, Greg told the story of how Dean Foods’ launch of TruMoo and later DairyPure worked against a systemic decline in the dairy category to build new corporate value and beat out long-standing category competitors, including Nesquik. The presentation covered big-picture challenges to these launches, including:
- • Getting everyone rowing in the same direction
- • Unifying 31 distinct brands without losing equity
- • Identifying the right test market—consumer- or operations-driven
- • Developing creative inspiration, driven from insight, that drives breakthrough, 360-degree creative campaigns
- • Creating personality and engagement through strong, brand-centric social media and promotional campaign efforts
- • Determining what success looks like
The launches yielded incredible results. TruMoo has become the number-one flavored milk brand in the U.S. and grew the category by 20%. DairyPure is the country’s first fresh milk brand and was valued at $2.5 billion at launch (bigger than Diet Coke or Lays Potato Chips).
Congratulations, Greg, on an exceptional presentation and a big thank you to NLS for putting together such a great event!