Cincinnati, Ohio. A lively city filled with adventure, tasty food, rich history and architecture: just the first few things you’ll notice when first exploring this Queen City. Eight weeks ago, I moved here from a small town in southwest Virginia to join Curiosity Advertising as a summer intern and to get a taste of the upbeat city life. This southern girl has spent the last few weeks absorbing as much as she can about advertising with a dose of fun here and there.
If you don’t live in Cincinnati and ever have the chance to make it out here, I’ve listed 25 experiences you won’t want to miss out on:
5. Check out the twelfth-largest public library in the country: the Public Library of Cincinnati and Hamilton County.
6. Ride up 49 floors to the top of the Carew Tower and see the Queen City from every angle from the building’s Observation Deck.
8. Enjoy an underground tour of the old, abandoned Cincinnati Subway.
11. Uncover Cincinnati’s history and take in the amazing mosaics at the Cincinnati Museum Center at Union Terminal.
12. Walk from Kentucky to Ohio and back again across the Purple People Bridge.
13. Take a drive or ride a bike across the historic John A. Roebling Suspension Bridge.
14. Feed a giraffe at The Cincinnati Zoo and Botanical Gardens, America’s second-oldest zoo.
15. Test your luck at the JACK Casino downtown.
16. Catch a Broadway show at the Aronoff Center for the Arts.
17. Take a stroll through any of the many beautiful Cincinnati parks: Eden Park, Washington Park, Lytle Park (checkout the beardless Abraham Lincoln statue), Ault Park, Alms Park, Smale Riverfront Park (you have to ride the carousel!) and Bellevue Park.
18. Enjoy a summer concert on the lawn at Riverbend Music Center.
19. Stargaze through the oldest public telescope still in use in the Western Hemisphere at the Cincinnati Observatory in Mt. Lookout.
21. Everyone has to try goetta at some point (I like Sunnyside Grill’s).
22. Catch a movie at the Esquire Theatre in Clifton.
23. Browse the shops and boutiques on Vine and Main Streets.
Y’all, Cincinnati seriously has so much to offer and it’s hard to believe my summer here is coming to a close. It’s been an amazing second home, and I can’t wait to come back to continue to explore this energetic and vibrant city!
—Karleigh Marshall, Curiosity Intern